Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm dreaming of....sterling silver!!



I dreamt this pattern up at work one day, and it has quickly become a regular bracelet in my jewelry rotation. I think next time I will use a smaller toggle, and I also have some gold wire I'm going to try out next.



Crochet enough chains to fit around your wrist, but leave enough space for the toggle clasp, or the clasp of your choice. I crocheted three strands of chains with enough space of wire to twist them together.


Hold the strands together and twist the three ends on one side together, then braid the chains together and twist the opposite end together. Use a tool to bend the twisted wire and make the hole for the toggle. Attach the toggle and wrap the wire around, cut and secure to hide.
You can add beads or dangles near the clasp, but I was looking for something simple.


1 comment:

Desiree said...

Hi Nicole! I hope all is well! Where did you learn all of these creative crafts? I taught myself to make wine charms and I thought I was awesome...then I tried to expand my horizons and I think I need to take a class haha. Ooo...that is a good idea for a post...the wine charms I have been making!